What data is expected?
Cadaster showing land ownership data on a map and include all metadata on the land. Cadaster data submmitted in this category must include the following charateristics:
- Land boarders
- Land owners name
- Land size
- national level
- updated yearly
What data is available
- Openly licensed? No (No URL given)
- Is the data available for free? No
- Is the data machine readable? No (n/a)
- Available in bulk? No
- Is the data provided on a timely and up to date basis? No
- Publicly available? No
- Is data in digital form? No
- Is the data available online? No (No URL given)
- Does the data exist? No
It does not seem that federal / national government has a database... The Bureau of Land Management has a pretty antiquated website that does not have a great cadastre survey page. There is a company that sells parcel-level data, and a client they note is the government. The state of Montana has a pretty good cadastre map and Oregon something similar but I don’t think there is a national map that has all the aggregated cadastre maps.
We have not identified any references indicating that US has a unified land survey system.
- Codrina Maria Ilie