What data is expected?
Records of actual (past) national government spending at a detailed transactional level; A database of contracts awarded or similar will not considered sufficient. This data category refers to detailed ongoing data on actual expenditure. Data submitted in this category should meet the following minimum criteria:
- Individual record of transactions.
- Date of the transactions
- Government office which had the transaction
- Name of vendor
- amount of the transaction
- Update on a monthly basis
What data is available
- Openly licensed? No (No URL given)
- Is the data available for free? No
- Is the data machine readable? No (n/a)
- Available in bulk? No
- Is the data provided on a timely and up to date basis? No
- Publicly available? No published by USAspending.gov)
- Is data in digital form? Yes
- Is the data available online? No (No URL given)
- Does the data exist? Yes
The Bureau of the Fiscal Service relaunched USAspending.gov in March 2015 with data from October 1, 2008 to present. Agencies are required to submit data files within 30 days after making an award or after making a modification/transaction to an award, except for the DoD which delays its submission by 90 days. Download data in various formats at https://www.usaspending.gov/DownloadCenter/Pages/DataDownload.aspx
These still only represent contracts, grants, loans and other fiancial assistance.
- Tryggvi Björgvinsson