What data is expected?
List of registered (limited liability) companies. The submissions in this data category does not need to include detailed financial data such as balance sheet etc. To satisfy this category, the following minimum criteria must be met:
- Name of company
- Unique identifier of the company
- Company address
- Updated at least once a month
What data is available
- Openly licensed? Yes(Here)
- Is the data available for free? Yes
- Is the data machine readable? Yes (CSV)
- Available in bulk? Yes
- Is the data provided on a timely and up to date basis? Yes
- Publicly available? Yes(as Industrial Companies Registry published by INE)
- Is data in digital form? Yes
- Is the data available online? Yes (Here)
- Does the data exist? Yes
The Register for Industrial Companies only accounts for a minority of companies in Uruguay, but is freely downloadable in bulk and available as open data. It is updated monthly.
Previously, it was also possible to download data on Small and Medium Enterprises (which account for the other 80-90% of companies), but the URL currently seems to be down. http://www3.ine.gub.uy:82/Anda4/index.php/catalog/677
However, the data on small and medium enterprises is available in the following Fusion Tables: https://www.google.com/fusiontables/data?docid=146Oe8VPNVodEEXydYnWKJkjXVjvjYZ6ulA9jZN41#rows:id=1
This data corresponds to the year 2014.
As the data on small and medium enterprises still cannot be accessed, I have filled out the criteria for the industrial companies register, and included information on SME register (plus fusion table links) in the details box.
- Rebecca Sentance
- Daniel Carranza