What data is expected?
This data category requires a high level national map. To satisfy this category, the following minimum criteria must be met:
- Scale of 1:250,000 (1 cm = 2.5km).
- Markings of national roads
- National borders
- Marking of streams, rivers, lakes, mountains.
- Updated at least once a year.
What data is available
- Openly licensed? No (No URL given)
- Is the data available for free? No
- Is the data machine readable? Yes (Shapefile)
- Available in bulk? No
- Is the data provided on a timely and up to date basis? Yes
- Publicly available? No(as BD TOPO Full 3D vectorized national database of geographical elements published by IGN)
- Is data in digital form? Yes
- Is the data available online? No (No URL given)
- Does the data exist? Yes
Previous revision was proposing FranceRaster, which is only TIFF images, not matching the prerequisites here.
After full examination of all open or not available data from IGN (national geography administration), BD TOPO as shapefiles seems the only dataset matching all the requirements of yearly updates, precision and contents. Some of the different contents can be accessed openly through some of the following databases but either with not enough precision or not enough updates. No combination of those allow to build the full requirements: - ROUTE500 http://professionnels.ign.fr/route500 (roads + national limits, no fresh update) - BD ALTI250 MNT http://professionnels.ign.fr/bdalti (moutains) - BD CARTO http://professionnels.ign.fr/bdcarto (roads + water + national limits, not open)
Review: everything seems correct.
- Gil Zaretzer
- Regards Citoyens