What data is expected?
National government budget at a high level. This category is looking at budgets, or the planned government expenditure for the upcoming year, and not the actual expenditure. To satisfy this category, the following minimum criteria must be met:
- Planned budget divided by government department and sub-department
- Updated once a year.
- The budget should include descriptions regarding the different budget sections.
What data is available
- Openly licensed? Unsure (No URL given)
- Is the data available for free? Yes
- Is the data machine readable? No (PDF)
- Available in bulk? No
- Is the data provided on a timely and up to date basis? No
- Publicly available? Yes
- Is data in digital form? Yes
- Is the data available online? Yes (Here)
- Does the data exist? Yes
Data also exists on the Kenya Open Data (KODI) portal, with more details (sector, county) but this is not updated. We chose the most significant data sources going forward and trackable as far back as possible. The ministries have changed with the new dispensation and the budget datasets on KODI are not only outdated but span only two financial years.