What data is expected?
This data category requires all national laws and statutes available to be available online, although it is not a requirement that information on legislative behaviour e.g. voting records is available. To satisfy this category, the following minimum criteria must be met:
- Content of the law / status
- If applicable, all relevant amendments to the law
- Date of last amendments
- Data should be updated at least on quarterly
What data is available
- Openly licensed? No (No URL given)
- Is the data available for free? Yes
- Is the data machine readable? No (n/a)
- Available in bulk? No
- Is the data provided on a timely and up to date basis? Yes
- Publicly available? Yes(as The Constitution, Financial and Budget laws, Labour law, Family law published by General Secretariat of the Government, web site : www.sgg.gov.ma)
- Is data in digital form? Yes
- Is the data available online? Yes (Here)
- Does the data exist? Yes
In addition to last year's comment, the Morocco official Gazette publishes the legalisations, and it seems to be updated http://en.io.gov.mo/Legis/default.aspx
Previous year's comment: The General Secretariat of the Govt has several texts of existing/promulgated laws (The Constitution, Financial and Budget laws, Labour law, Family law, etc.) and many more of draft bills ("Projets de textes diffusés aux membres du gouvernement", http://www.sgg.gov.ma/Projetsdetextesl%C3%A9gislatifsetr%C3%A9glementaires.aspx ).
I was not able to identify such documentation on the Ministry of Justice website (www.justice.gov.ma ), yet the ADALA (http://adala.justice.gov.ma/AR/home.aspx) database seems to be the focal point where legislation content is published.
The legislative documents do not seem published on a timely basis: many of the recently adopted laws are not featured on any of these websites. This is for ex. the case for the widely discussed "rape law" (the Penal Code provision which used to allow the aggressor to marry the victim in order to avoid jail sentence) which was amended in January 2014 (http://www.lefigaro.fr/flash-actu/2014/01/22/97001-20140122FILWWW00619-maroc-loi-sur-le-viol-amendee.php).
The submission is correct.
- Kamil Gregor
- Tarek Amr