What data is expected?
This data category requires all national laws and statutes available to be available online, although it is not a requirement that information on legislative behaviour e.g. voting records is available. To satisfy this category, the following minimum criteria must be met:
- Content of the law / status
- If applicable, all relevant amendments to the law
- Date of last amendments
- Data should be updated at least on quarterly
What data is available
- Openly licensed? No (No URL given)
- Is the data available for free? Yes
- Is the data machine readable? No (HTML, PDF, Word)
- Available in bulk? No
- Is the data provided on a timely and up to date basis? Yes
- Publicly available? Yes(as ComLaw has the most complete and up-to-date collection of Commonwealth legislation and includes notices from the Commonwealth Government Notices Gazette from 1 October 2012. published by Office of Parliamentary Counsel)
- Is data in digital form? Yes
- Is the data available online? Yes (Here)
- Does the data exist? Yes
Legislation is not openly licensed. According to http://www.comlaw.gov.au/Content/Copyright, legislation is licenced under Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike licence Australia v3.0 (which is not open).
Data is not machine-readable as data is either PDF or (poorly structured HTML) and is not bulk as you can only access one item at a time.
The submission seems to be correct.
- Kamil Gregor
- Stephen Gates