What data is expected?
This data category requires a high level national map. To satisfy this category, the following minimum criteria must be met:
- Scale of 1:250,000 (1 cm = 2.5km).
- Markings of national roads
- National borders
- Marking of streams, rivers, lakes, mountains.
- Updated at least once a year.
What data is available
- Openly licensed? No (No URL given)
- Is the data available for free? No
- Is the data machine readable? No (mostly GIS but also available as csv etc.)
- Available in bulk? Yes
- Is the data provided on a timely and up to date basis? No
- Publicly available? No
- Is data in digital form? Yes
- Is the data available online? No (No URL given)
- Does the data exist? Yes
Submitter's comments: Some areas still require mapping, Data sets are in departmental silos and as such can be bureaucratic to get.
Reviewer's comments: It does not appear as if Botswana has a national map released officially, although I am sure it exists internally (which is also what the submitter is hinting at as far as I can tell). I'm marking this in existence, but not publicly available.
Comments from 2015: There is an atlas of Botswana in the following link: http://www.atlas.gov.bw/ However, it seems like the government website is not working. Therefore, we are submitting the same result from last year.
Since the national atlas is an official source, and there is an EBook version, I'm changing the answer to "Digital" to "Yes", however the data is still not public, free, online, openly licensed, or updated timely. In addition, the Ebook version is a bulk download so I do believe it is better to mark it also as yes.
- Gil Zaretzer
- Mor Rubinstein