What data is expected?
This data category requires a high level national map. To satisfy this category, the following minimum criteria must be met:
- Scale of 1:250,000 (1 cm = 2.5km).
- Markings of national roads
- National borders
- Marking of streams, rivers, lakes, mountains.
- Updated at least once a year.
What data is available
- Openly licensed? No (No URL given)
- Is the data available for free? No
- Is the data machine readable? No (mostly GIS but also available as csv etc.)
- Available in bulk? No
- Is the data provided on a timely and up to date basis? No
- Publicly available? No
- Is data in digital form? No
- Is the data available online? No (No URL given)
- Does the data exist? Yes
Submitter's comments: Some areas still require mapping, Data sets are in departmental silos and as such can be bureaucratic to get.
Reviewer's comments: It does not appear as if Botswana has a national map released officially, although I am sure it exists internally (which is also what the submitter is hinting at as far as I can tell). I'm marking this in existence, but not publicly available.
I've made a couple of changes to this submission, as described in the comments field.
- Christian Villum