What data is expected?
Key national statistics such as demographic and economic indicators (GDP, unemployment, population, etc). To satisfy this category, the following minimum criteria must be met:
- GDP for the whole country updated at least quarterly
- Unemployment statistics updated at least monthly
- Population updated at least once a year
What data is available
- Openly licensed? No (No URL given)
- Is the data available for free? No
- Is the data machine readable? No (n/a)
- Available in bulk? No
- Is the data provided on a timely and up to date basis? No
- Publicly available? No
- Is data in digital form? No
- Is the data available online? No (No URL given)
- Does the data exist? No
http://data.stats.gov.cn/ is the data portal managed by the National Statistics Bureau.
It provides: 1. Quarterly and Yearly GDP for the whole country 2. Yearly Unemployment statistics 3. Yearly population data
However, based upon the new minimum criteria set by index (2015 version), that means China does not have the right statistic data opened up by the government.
Data not regularly produced.
- Zach Christensen
- OKFN CN