What data is expected?
This data category requires a high level national map. To satisfy this category, the following minimum criteria must be met:
- Scale of 1:250,000 (1 cm = 2.5km).
- Markings of national roads
- National borders
- Marking of streams, rivers, lakes, mountains.
- Updated at least once a year.
What data is available
- Openly licensed? Yes(Here)
- Is the data available for free? Yes
- Is the data machine readable? Yes (GML)
- Available in bulk? Yes
- Is the data provided on a timely and up to date basis? Yes
- Publicly available? Yes published by Czech Office for Surveying, Mapping and Cadastre)
- Is data in digital form? Yes
- Is the data available online? Yes (Here)
- Does the data exist? Yes
In Czech republic several resources of geo-data are available, thanks to Czech Office for Surveying, Mapping and Cadastre. The basic one is cadstral data, made available via RUIAN (base register). Data is freely available in GML format. There is plugin to popular GDAL/OGR library (Open Source). The licence is Public domain. OGC WFS interface is available as well.
Basic aerial imagery or topographic map are not available for free. It is relatively expensive to get them. License is usually very restricted.
Currently there is on going discussion about rules, which are to be applied on the topographic map as well - seems, that the data will be fully opened. Also there is new czech GeoInfoStrategy being discussed, which is stressing the open data topic quite well.
This entry is correct. The best resolution is 1:500.
- Michaela Rybičková
- Jáchym Čepický