What data is expected?
Key national statistics such as demographic and economic indicators (GDP, unemployment, population, etc). To satisfy this category, the following minimum criteria must be met:
- GDP for the whole country updated at least quarterly
- Unemployment statistics updated at least monthly
- Population updated at least once a year
What data is available
- Openly licensed? No (No URL given)
- Is the data available for free? Yes
- Is the data machine readable? No (n/a)
- Available in bulk? Yes
- Is the data provided on a timely and up to date basis? Yes
- Publicly available? Yes
- Is data in digital form? Yes
- Is the data available online? Yes (Here)
- Does the data exist? Yes
The CAPMAS (Central Agency for Public Mobilization and Statistics) is the national authority responsible for collecting, curating and releasing the country's data on demographics, wages, agriculture, tourism, etc. The website and the data are available in Arabic and English.