What data is expected?
Key national statistics such as demographic and economic indicators (GDP, unemployment, population, etc). To satisfy this category, the following minimum criteria must be met:
- GDP for the whole country updated at least quarterly
- Unemployment statistics updated at least monthly
- Population updated at least once a year
What data is available
- Openly licensed? No (No URL given)
- Is the data available for free? Yes
- Is the data machine readable? Yes (CSV, PDF, Excel)
- Available in bulk? Yes
- Is the data provided on a timely and up to date basis? Yes
- Publicly available? Yes published by Statistics Japan)
- Is data in digital form? Yes
- Is the data available online? Yes (Here)
- Does the data exist? Yes
This so-called "e-stat" is the one-stop government stat data site of Japan. Most of data are available in Excel, some even CSV (unfortunately some are still PDF). You may use them basically free of charge.
"3) Prohibited use" makes the data non-open.
Restrictions on use found here.
Data are recent but not always open and not always in csv.
- Zach Christensen
- Satoshi IIDA