What data is expected?
Key national statistics such as demographic and economic indicators (GDP, unemployment, population, etc). To satisfy this category, the following minimum criteria must be met:
- GDP for the whole country updated at least quarterly
- Unemployment statistics updated at least monthly
- Population updated at least once a year
What data is available
- Openly licensed? No (No URL given)
- Is the data available for free? Yes
- Is the data machine readable? Yes (n/a)
- Available in bulk? Yes
- Is the data provided on a timely and up to date basis? Yes
- Publicly available? Yes
- Is data in digital form? Yes
- Is the data available online? Yes (Here)
- Does the data exist? Yes
This so-called "e-stat" is the one-stop government stat data site of Japan. Most of data are available in Excel, some even CSV (unfortunately some are still PDF). You may use them basically free of charge, but the terms for commercial use is still unclear.
Now most of numerical data is available in Excel format, so I accept this submission.
- Masayuki Hatta
- Masahiko SHOJI