What data is expected?
This data category requires a high level national map. To satisfy this category, the following minimum criteria must be met:
- Scale of 1:250,000 (1 cm = 2.5km).
- Markings of national roads
- National borders
- Marking of streams, rivers, lakes, mountains.
- Updated at least once a year.
What data is available
- Openly licensed? No (No URL given)
- Is the data available for free? Yes
- Is the data machine readable? Yes (n/a)
- Available in bulk? Yes
- Is the data provided on a timely and up to date basis? Yes
- Publicly available? Yes
- Is data in digital form? Yes
- Is the data available online? Yes (Here)
- Does the data exist? Yes
Main national map is on http://www.inegi.org.mx/geo/contenidos/mapadigital/ but a secondary mapping portal (http://mapas.gob.mx) includes a map and information layers. Formats are mostly proprietary and the national map can only be used in a Windows operating system. License is not open as it prohibits any commercialization of "the right of access".