What data is expected?
This data category requires a high level national map. To satisfy this category, the following minimum criteria must be met:
- Scale of 1:250,000 (1 cm = 2.5km).
- Markings of national roads
- National borders
- Marking of streams, rivers, lakes, mountains.
- Updated at least once a year.
What data is available
- Openly licensed? Yes(Here)
- Is the data available for free? Yes
- Is the data machine readable? Yes (WMS, PDF, SHP)
- Available in bulk? No
- Is the data provided on a timely and up to date basis? Yes
- Publicly available? Yes(as Mapa Digital de México published by Instituto Nacional de Estadística e Geografía)
- Is data in digital form? Yes
- Is the data available online? Yes (Here)
- Does the data exist? Yes
The list of available web services can be found here: http://www.inegi.org.mx/inegi/contenidos/serviciosweb/infogeografica.aspx Topographical maps can be found here: http://www3.inegi.org.mx/sistemas/biblioteca/detalle2.aspx?c=2031&upc=0&s=geo&tg=999&f=2&cl=0&pf=prod&ef=0&ct=206000000 Data is provided by INEGI in a large variety of formats, including SHP, WMS, GIF, TIF and GEOPDF. It cannot be downloaded in bulk but only for administrative regions. The downloadable is also not timely. But the webservice is. Also the complete webservice application can be downloaded and installed on a PC.
INEGI changed its internal normativity to make all information free. They only charge a cost of distributrion is incurred (eg. printing): http://sc.inegi.org.mx/repositorioNormateca/Nod_23Sep14.pdf
Furthermore, following the change in normativity already provided, starting november 11th, INEGI will adopt the Mexican Open license that can be found at 'http://datos.gob.mx/libreusomx/'.
- Enrique Zapata
- Enrique Zapata