What data is expected?
This data category requires a high level national map. To satisfy this category, the following minimum criteria must be met:
- Scale of 1:250,000 (1 cm = 2.5km).
- Markings of national roads
- National borders
- Marking of streams, rivers, lakes, mountains.
- Updated at least once a year.
What data is available
- Openly licensed? Unsure (No URL given)
- Is the data available for free? Yes
- Is the data machine readable? No (Image)
- Available in bulk? Yes
- Is the data provided on a timely and up to date basis? Yes
- Publicly available? Yes published by Survey of Pakistan, Government of Pakistan)
- Is data in digital form? Yes
- Is the data available online? Yes (Here)
- Does the data exist? Yes
There is also GIS based maps present in form of shapelfiles with Districts and Thehsil level boundries and names at http://www.pakresponse.info/MapDataCenter/GISData.aspx
National Map of Pakistan showing Provinces, Federal and Provincial Capitals and neighboring countries is available at the official website of Survey of Pakistan. Data provided by the survey of Pakistan is in image (.JPEG) format and very brief.
- Nouman Nazim
- Mujtaba Hussain