What data is expected?
5 days forecast of temperature, precipitation and wind as well as recorded data for temperature, wind and precipitation for the past year. In order to satisfy the minimum requirements for this category, data submitted should meet the following criteria:
- 5 days forecast of temperature updated daily
- 5 days forecast of wind updated daily
- 5 days forecast of precipitation updated daily
- Historical temperature data for the past year
What data is available
- Openly licensed? No (No URL given)
- Is the data available for free? No
- Is the data machine readable? No (n/a)
- Available in bulk? No
- Is the data provided on a timely and up to date basis? Yes
- Publicly available? No published by Slovak Hydrometeorological Institute; firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Is data in digital form? Yes
- Is the data available online? Yes (Here)
- Does the data exist? Yes
Most of the data is available online. The only item from the required minimum that is not publicly available is historical data.
The data is available at http://www.shmu.sk/ only in web view. It is not available in bulk, it is not machine-readable and it is copyrighted, so it is not openly licensed. The topic of copyright protection of meteorological data was publicly discussed for a short while in the past, but the Hydrometeorological Institute fought for the right to continue producing and publishing the data as copyrighted material.
Changed 'available online' to a yes based on the link provided in the comments.
Otherwise, this submission is accepted as the dataset contains 5+ days of forecast data for temperature, wind, and precipitation.
- Neal Bastek
- Eva Vozárová