What data is expected?
This data category requires a high level national map. To satisfy this category, the following minimum criteria must be met:
- Scale of 1:250,000 (1 cm = 2.5km).
- Markings of national roads
- National borders
- Marking of streams, rivers, lakes, mountains.
- Updated at least once a year.
What data is available
- Openly licensed? No (No URL given)
- Is the data available for free? Yes
- Is the data machine readable? Yes (shapefiles)
- Available in bulk? Yes
- Is the data provided on a timely and up to date basis? Yes
- Publicly available? Yes(as Base Topográfica Nacional (the topographic national database) is offered at the scales 1:50.000, 1:100.000 and 1:200.000. published by Instituto Geográfico Nacional)
- Is data in digital form? Yes
- Is the data available online? Yes (Here)
- Does the data exist? Yes
Files can be downloaded for specific provinces or for Spain as a whole. Downloads require users to register. Also, users need to accept terms of license that exclude commercial use and are not compliant with open licenses: http://www2.ign.es/siane/Principal.do WMS/WMF service for a scale of 1:5.000 is provided here: http://www.iderioja.larioja.org/municipios/servicios_ogc_es.html. Also a commercial is being maintained, called the Centro Nacional de Información Geográfica (https://www.cnig.es/) where users can purchase PDF maps and download is provided for one sheet/file at a time (not in bulk). On the open data catalogue the topographic database at a scale 1:100.000 is available here (http://datos.gob.es/catalogo/base-topografica-nacional-1100000-0). Download of shapefiles is available in bulk, last update in July 2015 (07-13-2015).
There is a survey that users need to fill in before downloading the data. However, it grants the data automatically and does not request for personal information. The data is therefore available to the public and free.
- Mor Rubinstein