What data is expected?
This data category requires a high level national map. To satisfy this category, the following minimum criteria must be met:
- Scale of 1:250,000 (1 cm = 2.5km).
- Markings of national roads
- National borders
- Marking of streams, rivers, lakes, mountains.
- Updated at least once a year.
What data is available
- Openly licensed? No (No URL given)
- Is the data available for free? Yes
- Is the data machine readable? Yes (shapefiles)
- Available in bulk? Yes
- Is the data provided on a timely and up to date basis? Yes
- Publicly available? Yes(as Base Topográfica Nacional (the topographic national database) is offered at the scales 1:50.000, 1:100.000 and 1:200.000. published by Instituto Geográfico Nacional)
- Is data in digital form? Yes
- Is the data available online? Yes (Here)
- Does the data exist? Yes
Files can be downloaded for specific provinces or for Spain as a whole. Downloads require users to register. Also, users need to accept terms of license that exclude commercial use and are not compliant with open licenses: http://www2.ign.es/siane/Principal.do WMS/WMF service for a scale of 1:5.000 is provided here: http://www.iderioja.larioja.org/municipios/servicios_ogc_es.html. Also a commercial is being maintained, called the Centro Nacional de Información Geográfica (https://www.cnig.es/) where users can purchase PDF maps and download is provided for one sheet/file at a time (not in bulk). On the open data catalogue the topographic database at a scale 1:100.000 is available here (http://datos.gob.es/catalogo/base-topografica-nacional-1100000). Download of shapefiles is available in bulk, but data is not provided timely (last update in July 2013).
Expert review: additional information included - more data available than informed.
- Daniela Mattern
- Daniela Mattern