What data is expected?
This data category requires all national laws and statutes available to be available online, although it is not a requirement that information on legislative behaviour e.g. voting records is available. To satisfy this category, the following minimum criteria must be met:
- Content of the law / status
- If applicable, all relevant amendments to the law
- Date of last amendments
- Data should be updated at least on quarterly
What data is available
- Openly licensed? Yes(Here)
- Is the data available for free? Yes
- Is the data machine readable? No (n/a)
- Available in bulk? No
- Is the data provided on a timely and up to date basis? Yes
- Publicly available? Yes published by Ministry of Legal Affairs)
- Is data in digital form? Yes
- Is the data available online? Yes (Here)
- Does the data exist? Yes
The data is available through a search engine in the Arabic language. Alternatively, the most recent laws can be accessed from the website of the Ministry of Legal Affairs of Oman at http://www.mola.gov.om/ Legal texts can be read in a PDF format, and can be accessed for free.
Laws in Oman are exempt from copyright protection, the second bullet point in the terms and conditions page confirm this. The terms and conditions can be viewed at this link: http://www.mola.gov.om/eng/websitepolicy.aspx
The submission is correct.
- Kamil Gregor
- Riyadh Al-Balushi