What data is expected?
This data category requires all national laws and statutes available to be available online, although it is not a requirement that information on legislative behaviour e.g. voting records is available. To satisfy this category, the following minimum criteria must be met:
- Content of the law / status
- If applicable, all relevant amendments to the law
- Date of last amendments
- Data should be updated at least on quarterly
What data is available
- Openly licensed? No (No URL given)
- Is the data available for free? Yes
- Is the data machine readable? No (n/a)
- Available in bulk? No
- Is the data provided on a timely and up to date basis? Yes
- Publicly available? Yes published by Ministry of Legal Affairs)
- Is data in digital form? Yes
- Is the data available online? Yes (Here)
- Does the data exist? Yes
The data is available through a search engine in the Arabic language. Alternatively, the most recent laws can be accessed from the website of the Ministry of Legal Affairs of Oman at http://www.mola.gov.om/ Legal texts can be read in a PDF format, and can be accessed for free.
Laws in Oman are exempt from copyright protection, the second bullet point in the terms and conditions page confirm this.
Reviewer: I was not able to identify a precise mention of open licensing on the Ministry's website. Even if exemption from copyright is stated (where?), this does not mean that the conditions of the Open Definition apply. I have thus marked this indicator as 'no' given how confusing the whole status is.
Submission accepted. Please see comments for needed details.
- Rayna St
- Rayna St